Friday, August 24, 2007

RACISM? Not in America

I know that I may be called racist by some, and that doesn't bother me. Most of the people that would call me that are a little prejudiced themselves. I don't mean to point a finger back, just follow me for a minute. Look at music, we know that it is very cultural. Stereotypically, people of certain races listen to their culture's music. This is not always accurate, but most of the time it is. Most of the people I know that like RAP hate country, one girl I knew liked pop but hated classic rock, and most of the people I know that like classical can't stand anything else. I have certain people in mind for all these examples that I just mentioned and they all fit into their stereotypical cultural profile.(I know that that is not always the case.) but you can't tell me that everyone isn't in someway prejudiced on some issue that involves race, whether it is relevant to the subject or not. I know that I'm not racist, though I would have to say that I am a little prejudiced against a certain portion of the population that I just call stupid people. That is what I am currently going to address.
Sometimes people just upset me to the point I can't stand it anymore. You must know the type that that comedian talks about(the ones that should have to wear a sign). I don't know how people can miss things that are so obvious that the normal human can see it, but they can't even see it when it is pointed out to them. The example I have is simple and it has to do with racism. (Not coincidental, since that is what has sparked my current monologue.) How can someone who is trying to stimulate tolerance and equality wear a "Black Power" or "Native Pride" shirt? I can see that on the outside it looks like a "go team" sort of slogan, but on the inside it reeks of racism. If you don't think so, try putting on a "White power","white pride", or even just an "I'm fairly content to be white" shirt. It makes me feel dirty just thinking about it. I could never do that. You would be all but hung, or maybe that too.(you racist) Since we're on it, here's a trick question for EVERYONE. Which of these organizations is not racist?: "White's plumbing and heating" or "The United Negro College fund". It's a hard one, so here is a hint: Mr. White is black. Last question: which of them will pay for his white wife's nursing school? hmmm?

No comments: